Re: how to enable the very convenient copy/paste editing method in Cgywin?

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 7:10 AM, Andy Koppe  wrote:
> On 22 September 2010 01:54, SJ Wright wrote:
>> New on me. I'll ?start using mintty asap. Must be better than Terminator.
>> I did a cutesy thing with an echo-ed ellipse to mark time while a script
>> iterated over some lines in a list: rxvt wrapped each unbroken string to 80
>> characters while Terminator ran them off the right-hand side of the window
>> before doing so. You set it as many times as you want to 80x24 or 80x40 (or
>> whatever) and it still does what it pleases.

That is precisely the point of Terminator. It is an infinitely wide
terminal. I used it for quite a while to avoid gcc command lines from
being wrapped. But now I have a widescreen monitor and 207 columns in
a fullscreen mintty window :)

>> ... tabbed terminal emulator.
>>
>> How's mintty on that btw?
>
> It'll start your Cygwin shell unless told otherwise on the command
> line. Lines wrap at the screen edge. There are no tabs (but you can
> switch among mintty windows with Ctrl+Tab).

Ouch. I just tried Ctrl+Tab and the mintty window simply disappeared,
leaving the shell process (bash or ssh) behind without a window
(visible or otherwise). :(