Re: nodosfilewarning not working

Christopher Faylor-8 wrote:

> If you mean that batch file 1 sets the CYGWIN environment variable and
> then directly runs batch file 2, then that works too.  That's how
> environment variables work - once you set an environment variable it is
> inherited by all subsequent processes unless the process goes out of its
> way to reset it.

Yeah that's what I meant - batch file 1 sets env variable and then calls
batch file 2.
And you are correct - env variables set in the parent DOS process are
inherited by child DOS processes.
So now I'm stumped as to what caused my original problem, because I spent
about one hour checking and re-checking that my DOS set command was correct
(ie: set CYGWIN=nodosfilewarning) and then googling for clues.
Unfortunately I cannot repeat the fault, so I'm going to have to put this
down to a typo on my part. If I hadn't found the original unsolved problem
posted on this forum then I guess that I would have isolated what caused
this instead of assuming that there was a bug.
Thanks for your help Chris,
cheers.