Re: nodosfilewarning not working

Lee D. Rothstein wrote:

> DOS 'setx' in batch file "A" will affect all subsequently invoked batch
> files from outside "A".
> Is this what you did?

No. I used the DOS set command, as discussed. This probably failed due to a
typo on my part, but I'm uncertain.

> 'setx' can also be invoked from shell scripts but
> still only impacts
> subsequently invoked shells. In both cases, the results obtain even
> after reboot.

Thankyou for this info. Setx will be useful for me in the future because our
Windows PCs are locked down, and I cannot modify any Windows System
variables via the GUI.

> The GUI way to invoke these "environmental variables is:
>
> Control Panel (Classic View) / System / Advanced Systems Settings /
> Environment Variables / ...

As discussed, I'm unable to modify env variables this way because Windows
has been locked down.
I will be using the set command instead to suppress the warning on
individual scripts. This now appears to work correctly with CYGWIN, so my
problem seems to have been solved.
Cheers