Re: Fwd: Suspicious EXE named "[.exe" in c:\cygwin\bin?

On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 12:15 PM, Christopher Faylor
<sourcemaster@cygwin.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 11:53:28AM -0500, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
>>2nd try.
>
> The input is sanitized.
Hmm....

> It is not a database and it is not PHP.
My bad CGI then...

> The "Internal Server Error" just means that the search took too long and
> that is likely because someone has been attempting a DDOS on
> sourceware.org for a couple of weeks.
Nope, no DDOS. Just a simple 1= 1.

Are you sure it does not mean the error was due to using too much
memory when joining tables (or something similar)? Otherwise, I would
expect a 4xx error due to a bad client request.

> And, the "[.exe" program is really supposed to be there.
Thanks. It looked very suspicious.

> Since this is a regex search, the search term would be \[\.exe
OK. Thanks.

> If you have further questions please use the cygwin mailing list.
OK. The Internal Server Error 500 page stated to use
sourcemaster@sourceware.org.

Jeff