Re: uptime not reporting CPU usage on Windows 7 (Possibly only when running in VMWare)

On 12/30/2010 10:44 AM, Eric Blake wrote:
On 12/30/2010 05:32 AM, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
Whenever I run uptime I see the load avgs all as 0.00:

$ uptime
  07:29:15 up 1 day, 20:22,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

Note that I'm running Cygwin 1.7.7 on Windows 7. Note that this is
Windows 7 running in a VMWare VM on my Ubuntu laptop. I don't have
Windows anymore - I only have Windows in a VM. The Ubuntu laptop running
the VM reports busyness via uptime on the Linux side and I can see
vmplayer taking up CPU. But it's as if no CPU usage or load is present
in the Windows 7 guest at all.

Can somebody confirm or deny this?
Windows does not provide this information, therefore cygwin1.dll cannot
provide it in the syscalls that uptime uses to determine this information
Well that sucks. Surely Windows has some means of reporting how busy the system is. uptime should use that.
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
Why is "abbreviation" such a long word?