Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] [experimental] Updated: readline-6.1.2-1, libreadline7-6.1.2-1

On 12/31/2010 1:23 AM, Andy Koppe wrote:
> On 31 December 2010 03:20, Charles Wilson wrote:
>> Any chance you could build libreadline to use the wide version of the
>> ncurses library?
>
> I don't mean to discourage that, but have you got a particular reason
> for it? I think readline does its own charset processing, i.e. it
> already gets along fine with UTF-8 and the rest of the charset zoo.

Ah, ok. I was thinking that readline might have needed some help; most
other ncurses clients do...  Obviously, whatever Eric thinks is best.

As an aside, ncurses has the ability to split the term handling into a
separate library (libterm) but I haven't enabled that on cygwin.  The
design of that "split" has some unsatisfied symbols issues, so you can
really only do it on ELF platforms. :-(   Anyway, I wonder if readline
could be built against libterm on linux -- if so, it would prove your point.

--
Chuck