This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: USB flash drive not showing up in Cygwin under Windows 7
- From: Thorsten Kampe <thorsten at thorstenkampe dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 10:59:57 +0100
- Subject: Re: USB flash drive not showing up in Cygwin under Windows 7
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Jeffrey J. Kosowsky (Sun, 02 Jan 2011 00:32:33 -0500)
> My USB thumb drive does not show up in /cygdrive/ (or seemingly
> anywhere else for that matter). It does of course show up in the
> regular Windows 7 GUI in the "Computer" folder.
> This happens even if I open the cygwin window using "Runas
> I am running Cygwin 1.7.
> Am I missing something obvious here? Is there something I need to do
> to tell Cygwin to look for a USB flash drive?
Turn off UAC.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple