This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin 1.7 : Checking -fPIC Failed when building the gcc 4.5.1 with --enable-plugin
- From: Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 16:07:24 +0000
- Subject: Re: Cygwin 1.7 : Checking -fPIC Failed when building the gcc 4.5.1 with --enable-plugin
- References: <2D7A844733679E4BAAE34E35D007159446D73E2412@SUZEX03.internal.corp>
On 23/12/2010 05:54, Lucky Lu wrote:
> I am having trouble with building the gcc 4.5.1 with --enable-plugin on Cygwin.
Sorry, GCC plugins are only supported on systems that use the ELF executable
file format such as Linux, they can't work on Windows-based systems owing to
limitations of the PE-COFF file format.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple