This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: FYI-- Symantec Security Warnings with setup.exe
- From: "Larry Hall \(Cygwin\)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 10:30:49 -0500
- Subject: Re: FYI-- Symantec Security Warnings with setup.exe
- References: <E1CB862361904040B0BA806BB596DEBE@carl>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 1/1/2011 3:12 PM, Carl Lund wrote:
On running Cygwin setup today, Norton Security complained about two files
tee.ext and date.exe
Norton used its SONAR (see below) to detect what it thought was a high
security risk. They claimed programs were behaving suspicious on my computer.
One thing that flagged these files was that there were less than 100 people
that have used this application. Norton did not know the origin of these
files. I don't know what to say about all this, but I thought I'd let you
know what I found. I've been using Cygwin for many years, so I'm hoping
nothing really dangerous was involved this time. Otherwise, my update seems
to have gone through.
Q: Are you sure?
A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple