Re: libboost?

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 02:44:39PM +0800, Steven Woody wrote:
>I noticed cygwin comes with libboost.  I then come up with a question:
>Can I develop c++ application using libboost without distribute
>cygwin1.dll and other cyg**.dll files?  Usually, as I understand, if I
>want to develop c++ application, I have to distribute cyg**.dll.  I am
>trying to bypass this limitation.

The simple act of using a library does not remove Cygwin's licensing.
If your program uses the Cygwin DLL then you are subject to its
licensing terms.  Ditto all of the other libraries that your program may
use.

Maybe you want the MinGW project if you don't want Cygwin's POSIX
functionality and just need the boost libraries.

http://mingw.org/