RE: skipping file `...', as it was replaced while being copied

> From: Eric Blake
> On 01/07/2011 01:06 PM, Nellis, Kenneth wrote:
> > Using Cygwin 1.7.7, the following behavior started recently,
> > but I can't think of any change that may be the culprit:
>
> I can.  Most likely, you recently ran setup.exe and upgraded tar.

Indeed. :-)

> Upstream tar includes a patch to make it more picky about stat()
> structures changing behind the scenes, that older tar was ignoring.
> Which in turn is exposing (yet another) buggy file system that cygwin
> needs to be taught how to work around.

I'm guessing that the tar patch patched more than just tar because:
1) I wasn't invoking tar, just cp; and
2) after downgrading tar to 1.23-1, the behavior persists.

How should I downgrade to previous (working) behavior?

--Ken Nellis