RE: skipping file `...', as it was replaced while being copied

> From: Larry Hall (Cygwin)
> On 1/10/2011 8:55 AM, Nellis, Kenneth wrote:
> > I'm guessing that the tar patch patched more than just tar because:
> > 1) I wasn't invoking tar, just cp; and
> > 2) after downgrading tar to 1.23-1, the behavior persists.
> >
> > How should I downgrade to previous (working) behavior?
>
> Rerun 'setup.exe' and click on the version next to the tar package
> until you
> see the previous one display.  Continue from there.

Uh, yeah, that's what I (said that I) did. As I said, it didn't help;
I get the same results:

knellis@COBQDPPJ1 ~
$ tar --version
tar (GNU tar) 1.23
Packaged by Cygwin (1.23-1)
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.

Written by John Gilmore and Jay Fenlason.

knellis@COBQDPPJ1 ~
$ cp /cygdrive/q/knellis/xyz .
cp: skipping file `/cygdrive/q/knellis/xyz', as it was replaced while being copied

knellis@COBQDPPJ1 ~
$

FWIW, cygcheck -cvs output, showing the downgraded version of tar,
is attached.

Still hoping for a solution or work-around.

--Ken Nellis