This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cvs server setup
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 10:11:43 -0500
- Subject: Re: cvs server setup
- References: <email@example.com> <4D3E75ED.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
On 1/25/2011 2:04 AM, David Billinghurst wrote:
> On 25/01/2011 5:57 PM, Hans Horn wrote:
>> can anybody point me to some current doc on how to setup a cvs server
>> under cygwin?
> I run an sshd server under cygwin and access cvs using ssh. This was
> easy to do --- once I read the documentation. This provides remote
> access for file transfer (scp and rsync), other source code control
> systems (svn and hg), etc with a single service and firewall rule.
Yes, using the cvs pserver is not really supported on cygwin. There
have been sporadic reports that it works (and that it doesn't) -- but
you're basically on your own (but try this:
It's both more secure and easier to just set up an ssh server, and use
the :ext: protocol instead.
cygwin cvs maintainer
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple