This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: "This application has failed to start because cyggcc_s-1.dll was not found" error
- From: "Larry Hall \(Cygwin\)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 10:30:19 -0500
- Subject: Re: "This application has failed to start because cyggcc_s-1.dll was not found" error
- References: <AANLkTimYTGVYtmnbY5sp=wHu8mZW3OCnv8ioMUhM6fFn@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 1/25/2011 1:36 AM, P Rivera wrote:
I'm running on Windows 32 XP. Not by choice. :)
I receive the following error after installing Cygwin 1.7.7, and from
invoking Cygwin from the desktop shortcut:
Unable To Locate Component
This application has failed to start because cyggcc_s-1.dll was not
found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, as well as completely
uninstalling using directions from here:
I used to have a previous version of Cygwin. Sorry, I can't recall
what version number that was. It was about 2-4 years in age, I think.
Any hints on how I can fix the problem?
You need to install libgcc1 (see the search results for this here:
It's not clear why you didn't get this to start with, though it may be
related to your old installation. If installing the above package still
doesn't help, please follow the problem reporting guidelines found here:
Q: Are you sure?
A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple