This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.7: Basic file operations fail on network shares provided by Tru64 Advanced Server
- From: Heinz Werner Kramski <Heinz dot Werner dot Kramski at dla-marbach dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 12:45:03 +0100
- Subject: Re: 1.7: Basic file operations fail on network shares provided by Tru64 Advanced Server
- References: <4C73712F.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20100824083631.GN6726@calimero.vinschen.de> <email@example.com> <20100824122144.GS6726@calimero.vinschen.de> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20100824162810.GU6726@calimero.vinschen.de> <email@example.com> <20100825091521.GW6726@calimero.vinschen.de>
Just for the records today's answer from HP support:
--- 8< --- 8< ---
I have a final respons from engineering for case xxxx.
It appears that ASU is not doing anything wrong however NT4 is having a
bug here, please read below for the explanation. But as we are claiming
to be NT4 compatible this will be changed in the next major release.
But as you allready have your solution via Cygwin we will work this out
internally. Therefor I am informing you that this request will be closed.
mv command from Cygwin client executed on a file on an ASU share returns
Access Denied error
1) In the 'NT Create AndX Request' the Cygwin client is sending an
Access Request of 0x00010000
Thereby requesting only for the "DELETE" access corresponding to
Hence, this is the Access that gets granted to the Cygwin client
from the ASU server side.
2) The next request, 'Query File Basic Info' is sent with a Granted
Access of 0x00010000
that was obtained in the previous 'NT Create AndX Request'
This request fails with the error, 'STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED' as the
client does not have the
"Desired Access" to Query for the File Basic Info.
For this request to have completed successfully, the Granted Access
should have been 0x00000080
which corresponds to Read Attributes Access
Thus, the Cygwin client should have requested for a minimum Access of
0x00010080 in the first
'NT Create AndX Request' which is required for copying/moving/renaming
The code will need to be modified to grant the Cygwin client with the
access 0x00010180 although
the Access Requested for in the 'NT Create AndX Request' by the Cygwin
client is 0x00010000
As this includes 0x00000080 which is the access required to Read
Attributes the next request,
'Query File Basic Info' would complete successfully and hence the mv
command from the Cygwin client
would execute successfully.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple