This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.7: Basic file operations fail on network shares provided by Tru64 Advanced Server
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 13:23:50 +0100
- Subject: Re: 1.7: Basic file operations fail on network shares provided by Tru64 Advanced Server
- References: <4C73712F.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20100824083631.GN6726@calimero.vinschen.de> <email@example.com> <20100824122144.GS6726@calimero.vinschen.de> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20100824162810.GU6726@calimero.vinschen.de> <email@example.com> <20100825091521.GW6726@calimero.vinschen.de> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Jan 28 12:45, Heinz Werner Kramski wrote:
> 1) In the 'NT Create AndX Request' the Cygwin client is sending an
> Access Request of 0x00010000
> Thereby requesting only for the "DELETE" access corresponding to
> Hence, this is the Access that gets granted to the Cygwin client
> from the ASU server side.
> 2) The next request, 'Query File Basic Info' is sent with a Granted
> Access of 0x00010000
> that was obtained in the previous 'NT Create AndX Request'
> This request fails with the error, 'STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED' as the
> client does not have the
> "Desired Access" to Query for the File Basic Info.
> For this request to have completed successfully, the Granted
> Access should have been 0x00000080
> which corresponds to Read Attributes Access
> Thus, the Cygwin client should have requested for a minimum Access
> of 0x00010080 in the first
> 'NT Create AndX Request' which is required for
> copying/moving/renaming files.
This must really be an NT4 internal problem. Cygwin does not request
File Basic info in rename, just File Standard and File Internal info,
which both don't require specifc rights.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple