This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: PATH with spaces
- From: Vincent Rivière <vincent dot riviere at freesbee dot fr>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 19:09:04 +0100
- Subject: Re: PATH with spaces
- References: <email@example.com>
$ printenv PATH
:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Symbian/tools:
MS-DOS style path detected: /usr/local/bin/C:\Program
Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /usr/local/bin/C:/Program
CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this
Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
Can't find C:\Program on PATH.
- You have not installed Cygwin's make package
- You have the Symbian toolchain in your path. It contains a tool named make.exe
$ type make
make is hashed (/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Symbian/tools/make)
If you get the result above, my guess is right, so your config is wrong.
When you type make, it runs Symbian's one, not Cygwin's one.
You should install Cygwin's make package, the you should clean up your path,
at least locally:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple