This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: On "write" command
- From: "Larry Hall \(Cygwin\)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 20:52:32 -0500
- Subject: Re: On "write" command
- References: <4D441414.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 1/29/2011 8:20 AM, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
I would ask if on Cygwin I can use the 'write' command:
write - send a message to another user
$ write USER [ttyname]
I remember I have used it some years ago, but not remember if it was on
GNU/Linux or Cygwin.
I did a research on http://cygwin.com/packages and didn't find it, but
perhaps I did the wrong search..
No, that's the correct place to search. If it's not showing up, none of
the current packages provide 'write'.
Q: Are you sure?
A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple