1.7: Setting noacl (or how do I get modified files to not become executable)

Dear Cygwin gurus,

I'm hoping to find some solution to the problem where if a file is modified by a native Windows application, it becomes "executable" according to cygwin.

After some searching, it appears that the only way to do this is by setting the noacl mount option by appropriately manipulating /etc/fstab. However, I can't seem do it such that it works when I cd to /home/user or /tmp.

Here's my mount output:

  $ mount -m
  none / cygdrive binary,noacl,posix=0,user 0 0

  $ mount
  C:/cygwin/bin on /usr/bin type ntfs (binary,auto)
  C:/cygwin/lib on /usr/lib type ntfs (binary,auto)
  C:/cygwin on / type ntfs (binary,auto)
  C: on /c type ntfs (binary,noacl,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)

What am I doing wrong? What's the right /etc/fstab entry to modify "/" to use noacl?

Thanks,
-Edward

PS. cygcheck.out attached just in case