Re: 1.7.7: 'Bad address' errors when using Windows 2003 R2 WOW64

On 02/07/2011 02:52 PM, marco atzeri wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 7:19 PM, Gerry Reno  wrote:
>
>> I'm retitling this issue to reflect the proper topic.
>>

>> My Cygwin installation on Windows 2003 R2 WOW64 is getting "Bad address"
>> on certain file accesses.  I observed this when running a bash login
>> shell where when /etc/profile is being run errors of the type: 'Bad
>> address' are seen when trying to run the scripts in /etc/profile.d/
>> directory.
>>
>> And in this thread it appears to be related to running on 64 bit
>> hardware even when using 32 bit mode:
>>
>>    http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2010-01/msg00933.html
>>

>> And as I said in my previous postings under "1.7.7: PATH in Bash shells"
>> we are running Windows 2003 DATACENTER R2 WOW64 as shown in the cygcheck
>> output I attached to a previous posting.
>>
>> So it appears that if this "Bad address" problem was fixed from the last
>> problem report that apparently there are still some places where it
>> occurs and I'd like to find out from the Cygwin developers what we can
>> do to work around the issue or if they could fix the problem.
>>

>> Regards,
>> Gerry
>>

>> --
>>
> Gerry
> You missed this point
>

>> Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
>>
> Marco

Any why would that be?  I quite well know how to report a problem.

The previous reported problem was found in Windows 2008.

This problem is in Windows 2003.

Different manifestation.  Different OS's.  A full year and different
Cygwin releases apart.

Regards,
Gerry