AW: AW: cd slows down on local drive when another network drive gets connected

Hi!

> Sure but you have a mobile phone in the mix here, right?
> You're relying
> on some software to talk to the phone.  That's the driver.
> So that's one
> possibility.  And the one that seemed most likely to me if
> it's affecting
> performance even when you're not accessing the drive with the phone.
>
> How do things work when you do like operations using just
> plain Windows
> utilities?

When I use the Windows file explorer GUI:
Expanding the top level node ("Arbeitsplatz" = I think "My Computer" in English),
where all the drives are shown, takes a while.
But when I then navigate to some subdirectory on local drive C:,
that is quite quick, and the same speed with or without slow drive Q: connected or not.

When I use a MS-DOS command prompt ("cmd"):
When I navigate using Windows' "cd" to navigate through the subdirectories
on local drive C:, that is very quick, and the same speed with or without
slow drive Q: connected or not.

Thanks
Paul