This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Windows OS and uname; compatability
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 21:36:41 -0500
- Subject: Re: Windows OS and uname; compatability
- References: <4D6BD226.email@example.com>
On 2/28/2011 11:49 AM, Fergus wrote:
> Thanks to a previous responder I now know that in response to uname:
> NT-5.0 = W2000
> NT-5.1 = XP
> NT-6.0 = Vista
> NT-6.1 = W7
That's very oversimplified, as the links posted by Barry B. will tell
you. One thing you CAN do is use
And it will use not just the kernel version, but other Windows Version
Info items to deduce EXACTLY which version of windows you're running.
To get that prog, you need to install the 'csih' package.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple