Re: ssh ... PTY allocation request failed on channel 0

On 01/03/2011 01:45, Mirko Vukovic wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to ssh to git@github.com, and I get the error
> "PTY allocation request failed on channel 0"

  I get that too, but I also get the "You've successfully authenticated, but
GitHub does not provide shell access" message.  I think the error is at their
end and can be safely ignored since you don't need a PTY for your no shell
access anyway.  If it didn't happen last week, they probably upgraded the ssh
version on the server or tweaked a config setting related to error reporting
or something like that.

  Ah, yes: it appears to be expected behaviour - and quite a FAQ!

http://support.github.com/discussions/accounts/327-ssh-gitgithubcom-pty-allocation-request-failed-on-channel-0
http://support.github.com/discussions/accounts/981-ssh-authentication-failure
http://support.github.com/discussions/repos/3074-pty-allocation-request-failed-on-channel-0
http://support.github.com/discussions/repos/5325-pty-allocation-request-failed-on-channel-0-revisited