This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: dd to thumb drive, W7 permission problem
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 16:58:37 +0100
- Subject: Re: dd to thumb drive, W7 permission problem
- References: <4D7E3467.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mar 14 10:29, Charles Russell wrote:
> The following works on Windows XP, but fails on Windows 7,
> apparently because of some permission setting (even in Administrator
> # dd if=binary.img of=/dev/sdb
> dd: writing to `/dev/sdb': Permission denied
> 3+0 records in
> 2+0 records out
> 1024 bytes (1.0 kB) copied, 0.081 s, 12.6 kB/s
> I would be grateful for suggestions of what to change and where to find it.
Since you missed to send your cygcheck output I hazard a guess.
You didn't update to Cygwin 1.7.8 yet.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple