This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Running vssadmin in a bash shell?
- From: Pippo Baudo <zizzithefox at yahoo dot it>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 16:49:13 +0000 (GMT)
- Subject: Running vssadmin in a bash shell?
Sorry, I forgot: using Windows 7 64bit but I got similar problems with Windows XP and 2003.
I also tried VSHADOW.EXE to create a snapshot and I get:
VSHADOW.EXE 3.0 - Volume Shadow Copy sample client.
Copyright (C) 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
(Option: Create shadow copy set)
(Gathering writer metadata...)
(Waiting for the asynchronous operation to finish...)
Error during the last asynchronous operation.
- Returned HRESULT = 0x80042318
- Error text: VSS_E_WRITER_INFRASTRUCTURE
- Please re-run VSHADOW.EXE with the /tracing option to get more details
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple