This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ld: fatal error - cmalloc would have returned NULL
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 02:08:21 -0400
- Subject: Re: ld: fatal error - cmalloc would have returned NULL
- References: <4D7A2951.email@example.com> <4D82F1D8.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 05:47:04AM +0000, Dave Korn wrote:
>On 11/03/2011 13:53, Rainer Emrich wrote:
>> I have to be more clear. I increased the heap_chunk_in_mb to 1792 using:
>> regtool -i set /HKLM/Software/Cygwin/heap_chunk_in_mb 1792
> I run with this setting all the time, I guess that's why I haven't seen this
>problem. Before I did that (couple of years back) I also used to get crashes
That setting should have nothing to do with cmalloc(). cmalloc is for
Cygwin's internal heap which has nothing to do with that setting.
Didn't Corinna already mention this?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple