This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
How to determine actual character set
- From: Matthias Meyer <matthias dot meyer at gmx dot li>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 21:15:33 +0100
- Subject: How to determine actual character set
- Followup-to: gmane.os.cygwin
I use cygwin 1.7.5 and run backups from Windoze to my Linux server by using
I want to set the windows character set within the backuppc configuration
for preventing me from this filename renamings (e.g. the german "ü" will be
replaced by "?")
But how to determine the windows character set?
chcp will only deliver the code page (850 in one of my clients).
But I need something like "cp1252"
Is there a program within cygwin which would resolve my pain ;-)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple