This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: python select() is limited to fds < 64
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 16:08:04 -0400
- Subject: Re: python select() is limited to fds < 64
- References: <4D88F89B.email@example.com> <4D88FE3E.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 08:53:34PM +0100, V??clav Haisman wrote:
>Jon TURNEY wrote, On 22.3.2011 20:29:
>> python seems to be built with the default value of FD_SETSIZE, which is only
>> 64 on cygwin.
>Is this not because of the inherent limitation of WaitForMultipleObjects() call?
Yep. Without a rewrite, it's a hard limit to Cygwin's select().
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple