This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Virus that deletes everything under c:/cygwin?
- From: Jeremy Bopp <jeremy at bopp dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 10:34:07 -0500
- Subject: Re: Virus that deletes everything under c:/cygwin?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 3/28/2011 09:43, Dante Allegria wrote:
> We just discovered that a whole bunch of our Windows machines had everything under their c:/cygwin directories deleted over the weekend. Has anyone else experienced this? Just trying to rule out some sort of malware/virus related to Earth Hour or perhaps some internal process gone awry.
Just in case, check that your AV software didn't decide to quarantine
things for some reason.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple