Re: Root Privileges related

On 3/28/2011 2:19 PM, world peace wrote:
Hi All,

this question is from a non-expert, basically using cygwin as a
utility for day to day work.
Ques: I am trying to install some programs (meant for linux platform)
on cygwin. The instructions prompt me to do make, make install,
configure etc. The only problem is I don't know how to become root
while using cygwin. Can anyone suggest a solution.
I have seen some discussions on this topic but none that that could help me
I appreciate your time to write response.

What's the reason you believe you need to be "root"? Certainly the procedure you've outlined does not require it. -- Larry