This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.7.9-1
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 10:39:18 +0200
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.7.9-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Hi Cygwin friends and users,
I just released 1.7.9-1. This is mainly a bug fix release.
New since Cygwin 1.7.8:
- New API: strchrnul.
Changes since Cygwin 1.7.8:
- Slightly speed up file access when creating new files.
- Move the call to _feinitialise from crt0.o to the Cygwin DLL itself.
- Add a cheat to mmap to allow a certain autoconf test to succeed on
64 bit Windows systems as well.
- Provide a sys/xattr.h header file as on Linux. On Cygwin it just
includes the already existing attr/xattr.h.
Bugfixes since Cygwin 1.7.8:
- Fix a problem when loading winmm functions on XP and Server 2003.
- Fix a bug in the new POSIX compatible strerror_r function. Tweak
sys/cdefs.h and string.h headers to make sure linking against strerror_r
will correctly pick up the POSIX implementation.
- Avoid endless blocking behaviour in mq_timedsend and mq_timedreceive
when used with O_NONBLOCK message queues.
- Rewrite parts of the /proc/sys implementation to avoid potential
crashes with badly written drivers.
- Fix a problem to fetch correct file permissions on just created
files on XP and Server 2003.
- Avoid potential data loss when sending lots of data through a pipe.
- Fix inode number handling in stat.
- Lower the pressure on the cygheap when using mmap a lot.
- Raise the default size of the cygheap to 2 Megs.
- Don't use SSE instructions on systems not supporting them (NT4).
- Fix return codes and setting of errno in sem_init, sem_destroy, and
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Red Hat, Inc.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple