This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.5.19: Install problem: cannot find cygz.dll
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 09:01:34 -0400
- Subject: Re: 1.5.19: Install problem: cannot find cygz.dll
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
On 4/13/2011 6:55 AM, LouisMoreno wrote:
> Just visit the link given above & click "Fix dll errors now" button.
> This will fix the issue without any botheration.
You have NO idea where that cygz.dll came from. You don't know if it is
the same as the official one, or has been (maliciously?) modified. Even
if it DOES match one of the official versions, you don't know which one.
The OP should simply use setup.exe to install the 'zlib0' package to fix
the immediate problem:
The real question is, why did this not happen automatically, as it
should and usually does?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple