This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.5.19: Install problem: cannot find cygz.dll
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 11:03:20 -0400
- Subject: Re: 1.5.19: Install problem: cannot find cygz.dll
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 03:55:46AM -0700, LouisMoreno wrote:
>Joe Outzen wrote:
>> I'm trying to install Cygwin (full install). I downloaded the
>> installer from cygwin.com, and downloaded and installed. The
>> installation runs smoothly until 99% of the way through, when I start
>> getting the following error:
>> xmlcatalog.exe - Unable to Locate Component
>> This application has failed to start because cygz.dll was not
>> found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
>> Reinstalling Cygwin does not help.
>Just visit the link given above & click "Fix dll errors now" button.
>This will fix the issue without any botheration.
I would NOT recommend using this. I have no idea what it does and it
is certainly not an official, endorsed way to fix the problem.
If you're missing a file, then just INSTALL IT. You can find the name
of a package which contains the file by going to the cygwin web site and
casting your eyes to the left bar. Look for something obvious like
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple