This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Python Configuration for Cygwin
- From: Gary Furash <furashg at email dot arizona dot edu>
- To: Cygwin Support <cygwin at cygwin dot com>, Gary Furash <furashgary at gmail dot com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 11:32:21 -0700
- Subject: Python Configuration for Cygwin
- Reply-to: furashg at email dot arizona dot edu
Most articles on configuring your python installation assume that
you're using the native python or installing it yourself.
Given that I've installed python via the (excellent) Cygwin exe, and
it seems to be working fine:
1. what else do I need to setup and how (e.g., how should PYTHONPATH
look on Cygwin)
2. does Cygwin include the easy setup tools thing for python like it
does for Perl (I think it's called setuptools)? If not, we probably
should, as it makes it easy for newbies to install egg packages.
Thank you in advance.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple