This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Python Configuration for Cygwin
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 23:10:20 -0500
- Subject: Re: Python Configuration for Cygwin
- References: <BANLkTimw5b5dVXmxVPJui=SBUsqjxVKAHA@mail.gmail.com>
On Fri, 2011-04-15 at 11:32 -0700, Gary Furash wrote:
> Given that I've installed python via the (excellent) Cygwin exe, and
> it seems to be working fine:
> 1. what else do I need to setup and how
> (e.g., how should PYTHONPATH look on Cygwin)
> 2. does Cygwin include the easy setup tools thing for python like it
> does for Perl (I think it's called setuptools)? If not, we probably
> should, as it makes it easy for newbies to install egg packages.
Not currently, but it is available in Ports (as python-setuptools).
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple