This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: untarring symlinks with ../ fails randomly
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 14:11:45 +0200
- Subject: Re: untarring symlinks with ../ fails randomly
- References: <BANLkTikh9rCN2GRwY3eW20H0isffN5fMUg@mail.gmail.com> <BANLkTi=GZbtLmK-Sr06-M=5xXVFzPCi82w@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Apr 24 17:14, Dima Pasechnik wrote:
> Dear all,
> reposting, as the message did not get through to the mailing list yesterday:
> The issue I have is exactly as described in
> I can reproduce this on a very similar Windows 7 host.
> (To be precise, it seems hard to predict when creating symlinks fails;
> I could say
> that perhaps 20% of them, on average, are not created correctly (i.e.
> I get files of size 0 instead)).
A simple testcase in plain C to reproduce the issue would be fine.
Did you try to create the symlinks under strace? It should contain
some valuable hint from the function "symlink_worker".
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple