This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: rebaseall rebasing dlls into cygwin address range?
- From: "Edward Lam" <edward at sidefx dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 09:57:16 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: rebaseall rebasing dlls into cygwin address range?
- References: <20110421010657.GA24483@ednor.casa.cgf.cx>
On Wed, April 20, 2011 21:06, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> But, for now, just setting the base to something higher:
> rebaseall -b 0x77000000
> would solve some of the problems we've seen.
> I don't know if that stomps on system routines or not, though.
Just curious, why is this even a problem? If the system libraries happen
to use some base address that is already taken up, the loader is supposed
to just choose a different spot.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple