This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Who's using "CYGWIN=tty" and why?
- From: Claude Sylvain <csylvain at electro-technica dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 22:30:27 -0400
- Subject: Re: Who's using "CYGWIN=tty" and why?
- References: <20110509161028.GJ27739@calimero.vinschen.de>
On 09/05/2011 12:10, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Chris and I are wondering how many people are using the Windows console
> as local console window in CYGWIN=tty mode and why.
- I am not a Cygwin "Power User", and I am not sure to understand
- If you talk about the console that is launched when double
clicking on the "Cygwin" shortcut ("C:\cygwin\Cygwin.bat");
then, I can say that I use it every day, without any modification.
This make the job well for me, because most of the time I
am working the "old way", editing notes, scripts and code
with VIM; compiling code using Makefile and "make"; etc.
- Since I never tried the other consoles, I can not say more
about that subject.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple