This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Who's using "CYGWIN=tty" and why?
- From: Len Giambrone <Len dot Giambrone at intersystems dot com>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: Len Giambrone <Len dot Giambrone at intersystems dot com>
- Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 17:17:59 -0400
- Subject: Re: Who's using "CYGWIN=tty" and why?
This time with a subject; apologies if the first one gets through.
We use windows native jam which spawns any number of cmd, cygwin, or studio processes.
If we spawn it from a Cygwin terminal that doesn't have CYGWIN=tty set, we get:
The handle is invalid.
Every time output goes to the screen.
If we use CYGWIN=tty, we get normal output.
The only way I've figured out how to fix this is with CYGWIN=tty. If there is a better way,
please enlighten me.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple