This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: can modify file on network drive, but cannot create files
- From: Thomas Wolff <towo at towo dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 09:12:33 +0200
- Subject: Re: can modify file on network drive, but cannot create files
- References: <BANLkTimHmh=pMYATsM783Jzx3_iFsk7+LQ@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: Thomas Wolff <towo at towo dot net>
Hi Cygwiners,What kind of network file system is it?
I need a hint.
The network drive (\server\) is mounted as H:\.
Cygwin can access files on H drive; can modify/delete files on H
drive; however, it cannot create files. The program says permission
Do I need to write some configuration files?
Assuming a Unix-like permission system, it is quite surprising that you
can delete files but not create any.
Or maybe you can delete (and create) files in a subdirectory but not
create (and delete) in the root directory H:\?
Otherwise it might be due to some unusual ACL settings on the remote
side, or maybe you have exceeded your quota (amount of allowed capacity)
on the remote server? Ask the administrator.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple