This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup and mintty (was Re: New setup.exe release?)
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 21:42:23 -0400
- Subject: Re: setup and mintty (was Re: New setup.exe release?)
- References: <BANLkTinMD5ys8KMYdcTpMPXYc9uVYdhquw@mail.gmail.com> <20110523115058.GJ3051@calimero.vinschen.de> <4DDA7E64.email@example.com> <20110523160437.GN3051@calimero.vinschen.de> <BANLkTiks+fRTqkEJx_2ic-qZ33p5s936Vg@mail.gmail.com> <4DDACA2C.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4DDC867B.email@example.com> <BANLkTimyLFM8+QpwXKHKECmD-9V8x=i5yQ@mail.gmail.com> <4DDD1FAF.firstname.lastname@example.org> <BANLkTi=Ox4TzQDX4zwgw0wRS__cZMrz=Kg@mail.gmail.com>
On 5/25/2011 12:52 PM, Andy Koppe wrote:
> On 25 May 2011 16:26, Charles Wilson wrote:
>> On 5/25/2011 1:17 AM, Andy Koppe wrote:
>>> On 25 May 2011 05:32, Charles Wilson wrote:
>>>>> Maybe when I get home I'll test out a few...
>>>>> Andale Mono
>>>>> Courier New
>>>>> Lucida Console
>>>>> Vera Sans Mono (or DejaVu LGC Sans)
>>>>> Droid Sans Mono
>>> Good work.
>>> What mintty version is that though? It seems to be missing the
>>> fallback scheme to (rough) ASCII equivalents for the VT100 graphics
>> The difference MAY be that I didn't actually cat xgraphics each time
>> after changing the font. I merely changed the font, while the earlier
>> xgraphics result was viewable in the terminal. If the fallback scheme
>> relies on actually changing the internally-stored character code, rather
>> than changing which glyph is used to draw that character, then my
>> technique would bypass the fallback.
> Yep, that explains it.
Ok, I redid the screenshots, but this time I made sure to cat the
xgraphics file again after changig the font. And, you can see the G0/G1
VT100 line drawing modes, for the less-complete fonts, are getting the
ASCII fallbacks. Except for Terminus, for some reason.
I also added the Consolas-W7 snap you sent, and a new entry for
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple