Re: problems running gcc after installation

thanks for the update. I decided to remove cygwin again and reinstall with the same package that I downloaded for my laptop. This worked. The difference being that it was downloaded from a different source. The source that I had the problems with came from 'cygwin.osuosl.org'. I don't know how these get propagated out to the mirrors but it seems to me that this site is missing some packages. When I select packages to install I select everything. I did not have any problems with the mirrors.kernel.org download.

thanks for your help...

consider this closed from my end.

Just having problems with 'pymssql' now :)