how to connect cygwin using named pipes or virtual serial port from vmware

hi all

i had installed cygwin on windows 7 on which i am planning to run ecos.
i am also having vmware onto which ubuntu is installed.

now i want to connect both using "named pipes".i have configured vmware and created named pipes but i could not find one in cygwin.
how and where to find it.,my requirement is i want to use cygwin as host and vmware as target system and run my application program on vmware.
so proper communication is needed to be established. i am using on laptop so no serial ports present.virtual serial port connection is again not clear with cygwin.
also put some light on connection between vmware & cygwin using virtual serial port. provide some material that could help me understand and implement that.

please provide relevant information on both,if possible or any one.

any efforts would be highly appreciable.

Abhishek