Re: Emacs and removal of CYGWIN=tty

On Jul  6 09:04, Lars BjÃrndal wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen writes:
>
> > On Jun 30 13:54, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> >> Ken Brown, le Thu 30 Jun 2011 07:49:42 -0400, a Ãcrit :

> >> This is not an option, as mintty is not accessible from brltty.
> >
> > I just applied a patch to CVS which makes Emacs' Ctrl-x Ctrl-c work as
> > expected in the console.  This should work with other applications as
> > well which set the termios IGNBRK flag.
>
> I downloaded the 20110705 version of cygwin1.dll, and replaced my
> original one. Now, BRLTTY doesn't work. It starts, but the braille
> display isn't updated/refreshed. I confirmed that Emacs exits with c-x,
> c-c.

What I don't get from your reply is if you are comparing the latest
snapshot against 1.7.9 with CYGWIN=tty mode, or if you're comparing
to another snapshot in default console mode.  Without this information
it's rather tricky to see where the problem might come from.

We're trying to make the console window work so that the tty option is
not necessary, but we can't debug stuff we can't use.  So this might
have to be debugged by a brltty developer.

I can't believe it's due to my change.  The only relevant difference
between 20110705 and the 20110624 snapshot is that Window's Ctrl-C
handling is now switched off if an applicaton sets the IGNBRK termios
attribute.

The problem is to know how the braille display is updated and what's
missing in the console tty emulation

Corinna

Red Hat