Re: git-svn hang starting with 20110721 snapshot.

On Aug  3 15:02, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-08-03 at 21:03 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > Better drop the large address stuff for now.  Since the heap is now in
> > the large addres area(*), and since mmaps will go there, too(*), we have
> > basically a lot more free space in the area up to 0x7fffffff.
>
> At this moment, I've got DLLs from 0xf0000000 all the way down to
> 0xa1740000, and I could easily have more if I installed all of KDE
> (which I provide in Ports, but I prefer to use GNOME).  So where do you
> suggest I find that kind of open space in the lower half?

Did you use the current rebaseall?  If so you have a 64K hole between
each DLL.  Other than that I don't have an answer for you.  There's only
so much you can do within the 32 bit address space.  That's only one
reason why a 64 bit Cygwin would be a good idea.

Corinna

Red Hat