This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Portable shell code between Cygwin and Linux
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at freemail dot ru>
- To: Sven Köhler <sven dot koehler at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 12:14:57 +0400
- Subject: Re: Portable shell code between Cygwin and Linux
- References: <email@example.com> <20110729201651.GB13084@calimero.vinschen.de> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Andrey Repin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
Greetings, Sven Köhler!
>> alias vpnup='exec sudo openvpn --config $HOME/config/client.vpn --writepid /tmp/openvpn.pid &'
>> that's where his problem began, IMO.
> I don't know, why you pointed that out. It's of no use to feed a path
> like $HOME/something to a pure win32 binary.
You DON'T "feed a path like $HOME/something" !
The shell that run the script will expand variable before passing it to the
> (Certainly, this hint is kind of important for the ubuntu version of the
> script, but not for the cygwin issue, which is solely because he's
> mixing cygwin and win32 and expects it work without any complication)
Andrey Repin (firstname.lastname@example.org) 08.08.2011, <12:13>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple