This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: is using old make.exe (3.80) (cygwin 1.5.x) within cygwin 1.7.x OK
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 10:50:33 -0400
- Subject: Re: is using old make.exe (3.80) (cygwin 1.5.x) within cygwin 1.7.x OK
- References: <loom.20110810T065150firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 8/10/2011 12:58 AM, Heiko Elger wrote:
cause of colon problems we have to use old make version 3.80 in cygwin 1.7.x.
The binary make.exe is a copy of cygwin 1.5.x installation.
Is it correct to use this version within cygwin 1.7.x?
Or do I have to rebuild the binary?
At the moment all seems to work fine - I only want to avoid future problems or
Binaries from the Cygwin 1.5.x series are compatible with 1.7.x. There is
no reason that you cannot use them. The only thing to keep in mind is if
there is a newer version available for 1.7.x, as there is with make, then
you'll be using an unsupported version. So if you run into a problem,
you'll need to test that it is reproducible with the current version before
reporting it here.
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple