Re: Issue with inserting '@' at the command prompt.

Corinna Vinschen, le Fri 19 Aug 2011 17:08:41 +0200, a écrit :
> On Aug 19 16:06, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > Corinna Vinschen, a écrit :

> > > And what about the control code?  It's a fixed 1 in your example,
> >
> > That's only the example. 1 is obviously not hardcoded in the real source
> > code, which I have attached (I just initially wanted to avoid you having
> > to browse into the whole not-so-readable source ).
> >
> > > but obviously it should be 6.
> >
> > That's clearly not obvious from an altgr point of view: people use altgr
> > to type '@', so it makes sense to simulate the hit of the right alt
> > (i.e. altgr).
>
> Typo on my part.  I meant 5, the combination of RIGHT_ALT_PRESSED and
> RIGHT_CTRL_PRESSED.

Well I understood the latter without even looking at the exact number
actually :)

> But RIGHT/LEFT CTRL should be equivalent anyway, as far as general
> typing is concerned.

CTRL, yes.

> > > I'm aware of this difference, so, no, that was a deliberate
> > > RIGHT_ALT_PRESSED.
> >
> > But for the cases when only alt is to be pressed, this simulates a right
> > alt, which with e.g. the french layout is not the same as the left one.
>
> Yes, just like the german one.  However, to the best of my knowledge
> there's no printable unicode char which requires to press left-alt on
> any such keyboard layout.

Yes, but there are shortcuts which use left-alt.

> That's exactly what the AltGr == right-alt key is for, isn't it?

For glyphs, yes.

For instance, alt-e would open an edition menu, while altgr-e prints the
euro symbol.

> > > However, this also works for me when using
> > > LEFT_CTRL_PRESSED and LEFT_ALT_PRESSED in the conditionals above.
> >
> > But it won't work with DOS applications (e.g. edit). That's precisely
> > the reason why I added the special case.
>
> Uh, ok, I see.  If you press AltGr on a keyboard layout which does not
> distinguish Alt and AltGr, (english, for instance), the AltGr key only
> emits a RIGHT_ALT_PRESSED control code.

Ok.

> On a keyboard layout which does
> distinguish them, the AltGr key emits LEFT_CTRL_PRESSED | RIGHT_ALT_PRESSED.

Ah. *that* is the part that I was missing :) I had assumed that
RIGHT_ALT meant altgr. So we'll indeed simply simulate control as well,
and it should work correctly.

Thanks!
Samuel