This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: binutils-2.21.53-1
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 15:36:48 -0400
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: binutils-2.21.53-1
- References: <20060709190132.GA17216@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <20060817171308.GA14970@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <20080526001249.GA27066@ednor.casa.cgf.cx> <20080708222329.GA25032@ednor.casa.cgf.cx> <20090705003538.GA13499@ednor.casa.cgf.cx> <20100410152710.GA16882@ednor.casa.cgf.cx> <announce.20110731182251.GA21981@ednor.casa.cgf.cx> <20110805113535.GA3804@po8371> <1313689078.4472.4.camel@YAAKOV04> <20110818212529.GD29396@ednor.casa.cgf.cx>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 05:25:29PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 12:37:56PM -0500, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
>>On Fri, 2011-08-05 at 13:35 +0200, Denis Excoffier wrote:
>>> On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 02:22:51PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>> >> I've made a new version of binutils available for installation. This is
>>> >> a refresh against the current CVS.
>>> Compared to the previous one (binutils-2.20.51-2), the /usr/include/bfd.h
>>> (and fellows) is missing. I need <bfd.h> in order to
>>> compile cygwin-snapshot-20110803-1/winsup/utils/dumper.cc
>>> Where can i find it, if not in binutils?
>>Could you please respin binutils with the missing headers and libraries?
>I'm aware of the problem. No need for a reminder.
I meant to mention that, unless you are actually working on dumper.cc,
these missing header files are not essential.
If you're just working on the DLL then just cd to the winsup/cygwin
directory and type "make". That's the way that I (and probably Corinna)
build cygwin while we are doing development.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple