This is the mail archive of the cygwin mailing list for the Cygwin project.

Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: 1.7.9: static const std::string initialization lost in child process when using fork, dlopen

On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 04:56:31PM -0700, Thomas D. Dean wrote:
>On Sun, 2011-08-21 at 18:19 -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> 're reporting.
>> If you don't want to try a snapshot for some reason then you could also
>> try setting the base address of the DLL by using the --auto-image-base
>> option when linking the DLL.
>I used 
>g++ -Wall -I. -shared -g -c dll.cpp -o dll.o
>g++ -Wall -shared -o libdll.dll dll.o
>g++ -Wall -I. -g -c dlltest.cpp -o dlltest.o
>g++ -Wall -o dlltest dlltest.o -L. -ldll -Wl,--enable-auto-image-base
>I still have the stackdump problem.
>I used hd to look at the files I created with emacs and there are no
>strange characters.

I certainly understand that you didn't mean to include strange
characters.  The web archives show strange characters.  Lets move on.

Please read what I said above:  "when linking the DLL", not when
linking *with*.  So put the -Wl,--enable-auto-image-base on the
line which produces the dll.


Problem reports:
Unsubscribe info:

Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]